So here are all the finished hexagons ready to be joined. I finished making the last of them shortly after we got home from holiday.
Then I started joining them using a continuous flat join. This is the first time I've tried this method of joining and I think it works very well.
Can you see what's happening? The hexagons are starting to form flowers.
The more hexagons are joined to the blanket the more you can see the flowers appearing.
Well I now only have one more row of turquoise hexagons to join. It will then need some sort of edging - not sure what yet - the ends sewn in and a bit of a block. When it's all finished I'll let you see it. By the way, what looks like black hexagons in the photo is actually very deep purple.
Hopefully it won't be too long now until the blanket is finished. I'm at that stage where lots of my projects are almost, but not quite, finished. And I've started some more; to make sure I don't ever reach the stage where one is finsihed and I don't have something else to carry on working on!
All the best for now. Thanks for your lovely comments. Please feel free to let me know what you think about my garden, crochet projects or whatever.