All the hexagons are joined, the ends sewed in and the finished article given a bit of a blocking. The blanket is now well and truly finito. Here are some photos to let you see how it turned out. Don't tell the husband that I stood on the table to take the first picture!
This is it spread out on a double bed.
The very dark hexagons are deep purple, not black.
So let's get the vital statistics. The blanket is made up of:
- 167 turquoise hexagons
- 18 turquoise half hexagons
- 21 flowers made up of 6 petal hexagons and 1 centre hexagon
- a total of 314 hexagons plus the 18 half hexagons
- 9 rows of 18 hexagons with a half hexagon at the top and bottom of the row
- alternating with 8 rows of 19 hexagons
Yarn used is all 100% acrylic DK; mostly Robin; and I used a 4mm hook.
I hope you like my new blanket! I need to get back to crocheting the cotton blanket I started while on holiday in May (when I wasn't doing lots of these hexagons). You can read about the start of the cotton blanket here with some updates here, here and here.
As well as extracting honey this past weekend, the husband and I also did a bit of furniture re-arranging so that I can use a bedroom as my craft room. There's still a lot of stuff to be moved but the main thing was to get the furniture in the right place and then everything else will work round that. I'll probably need to buy some storage baskets or whatever though I'm taking some time to research what will suit me best. Hopefully, some time soon, the room will be ready for a viewing. Until then the door is closed!
Best wishes till my next post.